Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Odoo Customer Website and Reverse Proxy?

By
Erik Lewis
on 1/24/15, 2:13 PM 1,197 views

Hi, I'm curious how others using the website builder are protecting their site.  We are running Odoo on one PC as the backend then using the web client for POS.  We want to use Odoo for our customer website but I'm leary letting people connect directly to it.  What I would like to do is set up a reverse proxy on a hosting providers site and let it proxy requests for our Odoo server.  Custormes would connect to the reverse proxy.  Thoughts, ideas, suggestions, or better ways to do this are appreciated. 

Erik

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/24/15, 2:13 PM
Seen: 1197 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM