This question has been flagged
2 Replies

hope you all are fine

I’m creating Odoo module for my university and i want to make something but i need some help. i create a model to catch a students absence in a lecture by creating sheets and mark their absence, but i want to do one more thing that every student has a max of 3 absences from any subject (hint :every student take 6 subjects) and in the forth his name should be moved to another table model called absences with remark that he has been absent from that subject lecture for more than 3 times

I need to know how to do it logically in Odoo.

sorry for my bad English.

Thanks in advance

Discard

@ Ahmed M.Elmubarak  Hi , pleae convert my answer to comment in your answer.. thanks for help..but i need more spesifc action and i will explain what i have done i have marke sheet that contain the subject and standard which load all students of this spesifc standard and mark present students. should i move absence students to new table and make Ops on them or what ?

Best Answer

Hello,

You can do this by using several ways depends on your requirement :

-  you can use functional field to check the number of absence then create a new entry in the other model.

- you can override the create and write functions ...

- also you can use the _contraints ...

- you can use button with type object e.g "Confirm" then apply your validations and entries on that function

I hope this could helps

Discard
Author Best Answer

Is it Professional to create 6 fileds as counters for every students ?

Discard

Hi, I think you'll make them for the subjects !, if you've just 6 subjects I think you can make this, but if you've table for subjects [unknow no. of subjects] this will not work.

Author

As i know ... Every student is rolled in only 6 subjects no more... should i create 6 fileds for every student to count number of absences for every student in every subject ?

Hi, it'll work if you just neet to save the number of the absences, but what If you want to know the date of that absence ... I think you can make a new model for this ... If you're using Odoo V8 you can use the new buttons mechanism you can make 6 buttons in your student form view with the number of absences . You can check fleet module 'vehicle form view' you will find Costs, Contracts , Fuel ... with numbers