Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Odoo - Create absence record for every student in every subject

By
Mostafa Mohamed Abdelmonam Abdo
on 3/10/15, 1:08 PM 729 views

hope you all are fine

I’m creating Odoo module for my university and i want to make something but i need some help. i create a model to catch a students absence in a lecture by creating sheets and mark their absence, but i want to do one more thing that every student has a max of 3 absences from any subject (hint :every student take 6 subjects) and in the forth his name should be moved to another table model called absences with remark that he has been absent from that subject lecture for more than 3 times

I need to know how to do it logically in Odoo.

sorry for my bad English.

Thanks in advance

@ Ahmed M.Elmubarak  Hi , pleae convert my answer to comment in your answer.. thanks for help..but i need more spesifc action and i will explain what i have done i have marke sheet that contain the subject and standard which load all students of this spesifc standard and mark present students. should i move absence students to new table and make Ops on them or what ?

on 3/11/15, 12:52 AM

Ahmed M.Elmubarak

--Ahmed M.Elmubarak--
| 5 3 5
Sudan
--Ahmed M.Elmubarak--

Ahmed M.Elmubarak
On 3/10/15, 2:20 PM

Hello,

You can do this by using several ways depends on your requirement :

-  you can use functional field to check the number of absence then create a new entry in the other model.

- you can override the create and write functions ...

- also you can use the _contraints ...

- you can use button with type object e.g "Confirm" then apply your validations and entries on that function

I hope this could helps

Is it Professional to create 6 fileds as counters for every students ?

Hi, I think you'll make them for the subjects !, if you've just 6 subjects I think you can make this, but if you've table for subjects [unknow no. of subjects] this will not work.

Ahmed M.Elmubarak
on 3/12/15, 1:48 AM

As i know ... Every student is rolled in only 6 subjects no more... should i create 6 fileds for every student to count number of absences for every student in every subject ?

on 3/12/15, 12:28 PM

Hi, it'll work if you just neet to save the number of the absences, but what If you want to know the date of that absence ... I think you can make a new model for this ... If you're using Odoo V8 you can use the new buttons mechanism you can make 6 buttons in your student form view with the number of absences . You can check fleet module 'vehicle form view' you will find Costs, Contracts , Fuel ... with numbers

Ahmed M.Elmubarak
on 3/14/15, 1:29 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/10/15, 1:08 PM
Seen: 729 times
Last updated: 4/8/15, 3:13 PM