This question has been flagged
1 Reply

issue: We want to store a single product, in multiple locations, with the same lot number

version: Odoo Community 11.0 hosted on AWS

details:

1. From a confirmed Purchase Order we have a Delivery in the Inventory app/module

2. A batch of the delivery is the same product and same lot number as already existing stock

3. Due to space considerations we need to store the new delivery in a different location of our warehouse

4. When we are adding the details of the delivery under the Detailed Operations tab (by filling out the 'Done' and 'Lot/Serial Number') there is no issue.

5. When we go to Validate, we get the error 'The combination of serial number and product number must be unique !'

What we have tried:

I found the documentation page: https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/11.0/inventory/management/lots_serial_numbers/lots.html

However this page shows options that I don't see when I navigate to Configuration-Settings-Inventory.  I only see a checkbox for Traceability: 'Lots and Serial Numbers'

I need for Odoo to let me put to different batches of the same product, with same lot numbers, in a different location.  Any help or insight given would be greatly helpful.

Discard
Best Answer

You need to configure the Receipt Operation Type to require Lots to be selected, instead of only allowing Odoo to create them for you based on what you type. 

Inventory --> Settings --> Warehouse Management --> Operation Types:

You now SELECT the Lot Number on each Transfer:

You can still create the Lot while processing the Transfer - you just need to click CREATE after you have finished typing.

Note: With this configuration, you can pre-create the Lot Numbers if you receive them in advance of processing the shipment, which may reduce the chances of someone entering an incorrect lot number.

keywords: The combination of serial number and product must be unique - same lot in two locations - can't receive existing lot - receive the same lot twice
Discard