Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Odoo cloud + local thermal printer for order kitchen. Possible?

By
Alex
on 4/22/16, 2:21 PM 231 views

Hi, 

Just a quick question since I am unable to find it on forums. Can we run odoo on hosted VPS and still use local printers without POSBOX?

There is a thermal printer CT-S2000 installed locally connected via usb on windows 10. I would like to use that printer to print receipts (working fine) and order to kitchen (not working and don't know what am I missing). 

Can order to kitchen works this way if odoo is not installed locally? I always see odoo is trying to find <<IPOFMYCOMPUTER>>:8069/hw_proxy to send order print. However, I know it is not able to do so because odoo is not installed locally.

Can it work like that (odoo on cloud, thermal printer locally installed) ? 

Please respond asap. 

Thanks

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/22/16, 2:21 PM
Seen: 231 times
Last updated: 4/23/16, 4:02 AM