This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi to everyone, I'm a beginner of Odoo. I've a local installation of Odoo Community.
I activated the developer mode, and so in tha "Apps" tab I now have the "App Store".
Every app I try to install,  it says "Internal Server Error". Since the fact that I can install these apps using the enterprise online edition, I'm wondering if the app in the app store (also the free ones) are available only for enterprise.
Is it so?
Thanks for answering. 

Discard

I've tried the installation from so many different SO: Ubuntu 16.06, 14.04, windows 7 and windows 10..

I tried also Odoo 9 and Odoo 10. 

I get always the error:

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.".

Either, I tried to install some manual modules, like Rental, but it gives me another error caused by a ParseError, parsing the xml-data.

I'm going crazy, I don't know what else to do.

Best Answer

Maybe your installation is corrupt. Please check your log entries. My recommendation: Start with a fresh install on an Ubuntu 16.04 box by carefully and exactly following the official installation instructions: https://www.odoo.com/documentation/9.0/setup/install.html#editions        

If you are not a developer, use the packaged installer.

Discard
Best Answer

I've been able to install apps on my self hosted Odoo Community 10 from the app store and manually. Perhaps you have some permissions issues on your server? or are logged in to a non-superadmin account? Maybe play with the app updates and then try installing, or login via command line to your server, su odoo and then go back to the browser and try installing the apps in question.

d

Discard