Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Odoo and WCAG compliance

By
Hamid Darabi
on 3/30/15, 4:35 PM 411 views

Is Odoo compliant with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0 Level AA)?

Is there any module to provide the compliance?

Brandon Biggs
On 10/24/16, 4:39 AM

Hello,
No, it is not yet WCAG compliant and the website isn't currently either. (For example above this box I am typing in now, the buttons are not labeled).
But the architecture is there, there just needs to be some tweaks in the HTML.
I really hope there is some kind of response from the core developers on this, because our company and the U.S. government can't use any system unless it follows WCAG2. This includes public schools and colleges!
So they are alienating a rather large market by not making their architecture accessible right out of the box.
If there is any question on how HTML works, I hope they contact me, because the things I've seen are really silly. For an edit box they matched the from attribute in the label to the name in the edit box. This doesn't work, the label needs an id, not the name.
And on buttons, they just need to add in the text inside either the value field or between the tags. Then they need to add in headings on each page.
So really basic and super simple stuff that can be changed in the template.

I'm sure someone could rewrite a front-end to everything, but this would be a lot of work and it would probably be easier to just make an update to the core..

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/30/15, 4:35 PM
Seen: 411 times
Last updated: 10/24/16, 4:39 AM