This question has been flagged
6 Replies

English version:

Hi,

I'm looking for a solution to use Odoo with the new belgian tax rules regarding restaurents/hotels/cafés/bars.

Indeed, since 1/1/2015 every company in Belgium that serves food and beverages has to install and use a "black-box". This a kind of computer recording everything that happens in the cash register of the company. The goal is to avoid making "black".

Does anybody has an idea on how to connect such a blackbox (http://www.xn--botenoire-r5a.be/) with Odoo ? Especially with the PoS module ?

Thank you a lot,

Regards

Version française :

Bonjour,

Je me demande si il y a une possibilité d'utiliser Odoo dans le cadre de la nouvelle législation sur le comemrce HORECA en Belgique.

En effet, depuis le 1/01/2015, tous les commerces dont l'HORECA représente > 10% sont obligés d'acheter et de mettre en place la fameuse "Black-box" (http://www.xn--botenoire-r5a.be/).

Comment interfacer cela avec Odoo ? Idéalement avec le module PoS ?

Merci à vous, très bonne fin de journée

Discard

Hi Valentin! Could you please also add an English version of your text here? I know this is about the black box in Belgium and the new law but about 95%+ of the people here will not understand French and so they cannot help you. Its even in the rules to have it in English so please do? :) I'm sure somebody can help you then.

Best Answer

Not exactly knowing what the "black box" entails, it might be handy for us to first know what its place in your company will be. For example, does it check all the traffic to and from your cash register? Does it validate traffic to and from your ERP? Things like that.

If that has been cleared up, it would be time to check if the box has any form of connection/api to connect to. Almost any program and/or software is able to connect to Odoo, so that should not be a problem. 

If the initation of this communication between the box and Odoo comes from the box, then make sure that it is able to connect using XML-RPC or JSON-RPC. These 2 options are default in Odoo and allow you to communicate using other software. The other way around would also be possible, but in that case you would have to look for a python library that communicates with the box's protocol. Most protocols have a library in Python, so that shouldn't be a huge problem either.

I'm currently not aware of anyone already creating a module for this, but I can imagine some Belgian Odoo partners might have a solution for this? It would not hurt you to contact them I suppose.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi there, 

We are providing a third "Black Box" on the Belgian market, you can find us at 

http://www.lnjengineering.be

We would actually love to try and implement it in the system. the only thing is it has to be approved by legal.

so we would actually need to take the platform and do some changes to the system to certify the bundle with the "Blackbox" included.

You can always contact us for further information

Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

I was also interested in this so I already contacted the black box providers.

In short, the black box is a little computer running a server (FDM server) with a REST JSON API that needs to be fulfilled and certified in order to accept Odoo as a POS by the officials.

There are two black box provider so far, here are the link of one's SDK:

http://www.zwartedoos.be/sdk/

I had a quick look at it and it seems like a lot of work so I gave up for now...

I would be highly interested if anyone would start the implementation.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hello Ludo,

As I learned on the web, the blackbox is a kind of secured storage unit that saves every action happening in the cash register. It allows the government to easily check the correctness of these information regarding the tax declaration.

I don't think it is able to connect to Odoo directly, but I will contact a blackbox manufacturer to ensure my thinking.

Thanks for your answer.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi! I'm also very interested in the compatibility of the Belgian "Black-box" and Odoo POS. Could you provide us with an update? 

Thank you!

Discard