This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi,

Well all change.. so I have a few questions. Our company has been testing and working on OpenERP for around 1 year. With the onlook of getting a partner in for the next few months to look at where we can go. I have on my own developed to where we are. So I have a few questions for the future:

1. Why the move to Git?
  2. I noticed there are Saas branches, what are they compared to the current version.
  3. Will there be improved developer/administrator documentation?
  4. Will there eventually be Saas version with seperate applications or functionality or will Odoo always be one version available as open source. I suppose OpenBravo is a good example of what I mean.

Thanks

Discard
Best Answer

1. See the answer by Fabrice: https://www.odoo.com/forum/Help-1/question/Why-bazaar-to-git-52309

2. These are development branches. Eventually they will merge into trunk and stable releases. 

3. With the current speed of development the documentation may always be a few steps behind. But, since Odoo, documentation both for users and developers became a priority.

4. The licensing model for Openbravo is different. They actually have a separate community version and commercial version. The nice thing with Op.. eh.. Odoo is that there is only one version so the community benefits from the development by Odoo and vice versa. 100% of Odoo is free, as an opposite to a lot of open core business models.

Discard

Quite good answer, I edited points 3 and 4 to make it more accurate.

Hi Fabien,

You are welcome.
But please don't rewrite my answer. It's still my picture and name below it.

You have created a nice roadmap for the product. I'm keen to see the developments.

Met vriendelijke groet, / With kind regards,

Erwin de Raad
+31(0)598-612331 toestel 550   (Nederland)
+1-800-525-9230 extension 550   (USA&Canada Toll Free)
+44(0)844-9339491 extension 550   (United Kingdom)
+49(0)1801-7775552302 extension 550   (Germany)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.babycare.nl   De leukste babywinkel, óók op het internet!

Rate us on Trustpilot.com/review/www.babycare.nl
Join us on Facebook.com/babycare.nl
Follow us on Twitter/babycare_nl

International customers:
Our international access numbers may save you an international call.

Babycare.nl BV
Kerkstraat 1-3
9641 AL Veendam
KVK Groningen 02092956

Disclaimer. This transmission is intended only for use by the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient you should not read, disclose copy, circulate or in any other way use the information contained in this transmission. The information contained in this transmission may be confidential and/or privileged. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this transmission including any attachments.

P Please consider the environment before printing this email

Fabien Pinckaers (fp) schreef op 18-5-2014 17:08:
<blockquote cite="mid:1400425730.218880891799927.415118086092536-openerp-52416-forum.post@openerp.v7.openerp.com" type="cite">

Quite good answer, I edited points 3 and 4 to make it more accurate.

--
Fabien Pinckaers
OpenERP Founder

Sent by OpenERP S.A. using OpenERP. Access your messages and documents in OpenERP