Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
Well all change.. so I have a few questions. Our company has been testing and working on OpenERP for around 1 year. With the onlook of getting a partner in for the next few months to look at where we can go. I have on my own developed to where we are. So I have a few questions for the future:
- Why the move to Git?
- I noticed there are Saas branches, what are they compared to the current version.
- Will there be improved developer/administrator documentation?
- Will there eventually be Saas version with seperate applications or functionality or will Odoo always be one version available as open source. I suppose OpenBravo is a good example of what I mean.
1. See the answer by Fabrice: https://www.odoo.com/forum/Help-1/question/Why-bazaar-to-git-52309
2. These are development branches. Eventually they will merge into trunk and stable releases.
3. With the current speed of development the documentation may always be a few steps behind. But, since Odoo, documentation both for users and developers became a priority.
4. The licensing model for Openbravo is different. They actually have a separate community version and commercial version. The nice thing with Op.. eh.. Odoo is that there is only one version so the community benefits from the development by Odoo and vice versa. 100% of Odoo is free, as an opposite to a lot of open core business models.
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 5/18/14, 8:37 AM|
|Seen: 4866 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|