Odoo Help

1 Answer
Maxime Deuse
10/24/14, 3:58 AM

What I decided to do finally is the following. I removed my e-mails from OpenERP, after working some time with it I found out the e-mail client of OpenERP was seriously lacking.

1. To get my synching done with outlook I connected my google apps e-mail adresses directly to Outlook.
  2. I set up my OpenERP calendars to synch with google apps. And I synched google calendar with Outlook.
  3. I defined the mailto links in my browers to open up Outlook. Which means that when I go to clients in OpenERP and I press on an e-mail adress of a client an Outlook windows opens up, ready for me to send a message.

This is the best solution I found to manage your e-mails and calendar with OpenERP. The integration with OpenERP is very basic, I can't link an e-mail to an opportunity/clients but it's simple and it works, so I guess it's fine. The methodology I used can also be applied for thunderbird.

1 Comment
Selverine
7/18/15, 4:21 PM

Hi Maxime. Good that you found a way to stop to use the OpenERP email. Just one question: Did you rewrite the python code in order use the mailto function? Thank you ! Selverine

Ask a Question
Writer
Keep Informed
3 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register