Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Odoo access from remote server

By
Jayshree
on 12/1/16, 1:14 PM 102 views

I have installed odoo 8.0 in my computer. But now i want to move it to my IIS server and want to use from other computers remotely just like website. But i dont have idea about how i do changes in config file. Currently i am able to access it from my localhost only like localhost:8069. But i want to make it available on www.example.com which is my IIS route. Even i tried to copy my folder there and changed addon path in config file. but i am not able to access it from any other computer from remote using web address.

J.D. Ray
On 12/1/16, 4:53 PM

I was having a similar problem.  I just downloaded and installed 10.0 on my server, added a bunch of apps, and wanted to access it from my workstation without RDP'ing into the server.  I couldn't figure out how to do it.

The problem turned out to be a firewall rule.  Once I opened port 8069 on the firewall, I could connect to the server!  Yay me!

Are you now able to access it from remote ? I am not sure how to turned out firewall, can u help me please ?

Jayshree
on 12/1/16, 10:49 PM

What operating system is your server running?

J.D. Ray
on 12/1/16, 10:57 PM

M using windows 7

Jayshree
on 12/1/16, 10:59 PM

I don't know how to adjust the Win 7 firewall. Look for instructions on allowing TCP connections to port 8069 (the port number doesn't matter for the instructions).

J.D. Ray
on 12/1/16, 11:01 PM

ok i will check it, Thank you !

Jayshree
on 12/1/16, 11:03 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/1/16, 1:14 PM
Seen: 102 times
Last updated: 12/1/16, 4:53 PM