This question has been flagged
3 Replies

My question is simple, where does a client change his/her password after signing up (registering)?

I've installed odoo 9 (on Ubuntu) and installed the website app.

1. The Sign in page doesn't show a forgot username / password option
  2. If the user logs in, the app has a "username -> My Account -> Your Details -> change" button, where the user can see address, e-mail ...etc. but no change password button.

Am I overlooking an option somewhere? If that option doesn't exist, is it possible to add such a button in xml, that would not be overwritten with the nightly builds?

Discard
Author

Ermin Trevisan - Once logged in, a user can change his password under "Preferences" in the top right user menu.

Logging in (registering) a new user on the website, the options in the top left side are (when clicking on the username) : My account and logout ... The "My account" menu item has no way to change the password ...

Author

Like right now ... in the right top hand corner (sorry about the previous comment saying left) of this web page, there is no option to change my password ... my website is set up about the same as this one ... how do I change my password?

Author

Please note ... I'm looking for a solution for an external client on the e-commerce website who has signed up to purchase something on the "Shop" site.

Author

Obviously, overlooking a hidden option that needs ?debug in order to change ... see SOLUTION below!

Best Answer

Once logged in, a user can change his password under "Preferences" in the top right user menu.

Discard
Author Best Answer

SOLVED (see below) ... That's only useful in a closed environment, and if you have only a few users ... if you have a shop or 1000 users, it doesn't make sense for your clients to have to ask an administrator to change their password.  Surely there must be a way for clients to get a "reset password e-mail" sent to the address that they used to create their account so they can reset the password themselves. And Why would an administrator want to know peoples' passwords in the first place? Only 1 person should know the password ... the owner of the account ...

SOLUTION :

after much digging in the repository and searching for keywords ... I found this thread ... https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-to-enable-password-reset-in-the-login-screen-4788

Basically the password reset function is disabled by default for the portal (website).
To activate the password reset button ...

• go to settings in the top menu

• in the URL for your odoo system (https://mydomain.TLD:8088/web#menu_id=86&action=78)
    Add ?debug to your URL (https://mydomain.TLD:8088/web?debug#menu_id=86&action=78)

• click on general settings -> Enable password reset from Login page

• click apply at the top of the page

• remove the ?debug from your URL.

• DONE!

Discard
Best Answer

The admin user can change the password for any other user.  Your user will have to notify the admin, and the admin can effect this change either by sending a link for the user to generate a new password, or by setting the password to one known to both.

Discard