Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Odoo 9 Initial Inventory CSV import failing

By
Marais Neethling
on 3/29/16, 5:40 PM 458 views

I've been struggling with a stock import for the last 2 days. I want to set the QoH for the products in the WH/Stock location after I've imported the products. I've followed various guides and advice I found on the forum but it doesn't work.

I notice that when I create an example Inventory Adjustment with a few products and I export the adjustment as a CSV file, I can delete the original Inventory Adjustment and successfully import it again from CSV. But as soon as I include additional lines for products that I've never referenced in a previous Inventory Adjustment, I get this message: No matching record found for external id '__export__.product_product_2242' in field 'Inventories' between rows 2 and 379

For example, the above product ID is the ID of the first product that was not in the example export. It seems like the import mechanism only matches product ids to products that are already in the WH/Stock location?

Similarly, if I create a new Inventory Adjustment for 'All products' the list only contains those few I had in my initial example export.

So my assumption is that products imported by CSV is not associated to a location and by 'touching' a product once in a previous Inventory Adjustment, it becomes associated with the WH/Stock location and I can now use it in a CSV import.

How can I associate all my products to the WH/Stock location so that the Inventory Adjustment CSV import will succeed? Or maybe I missed something while I imported the products?

Marais Neethling
On 5/2/16, 9:59 AM

I still haven't had any luck with the initial inventory QoH import. Does anyone have a sample of an initial Inventory Adjustment import that works on Odoo 9? Or can anyone explain where the stock levels for Physical Locations / WH / Stock is recorded in the database?

Michael Watchorn
On 3/29/16, 8:44 PM

Have you exported your "known good" products after you have touched them? Make sure you export things like:

"property_stock_production/id","property_stock_procurement/id","loc_rack","loc_row","property_stock_inventory/id"

In particular "property_stock_inventory/id". Export them and see what you're getting. Chances are you'll have something like "stock.location_inventory", that you are missing that from your import csv file.

Good luck and keep us posted on how you get it working. I'll be migrating a database over shortly and will be very interested to know what you need to do to make it work.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/29/16, 5:40 PM
Seen: 458 times
Last updated: 5/2/16, 9:59 AM