Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Odoo 9: Html field is present in the Form, sets the cursor pointer into it.

By
deep
on 10/4/16, 1:28 AM 167 views

In Project-Task:

Description field is of type HTML, hence whenever we try to create a new record, odoo will automatically focus the cursor pointer to the description field instead of the field Task-Title (which is the first field/top-most field present in the form)

Hence how can I set cursor-pointer focus on the first field.

Ahmed M.Elmubarak

--Ahmed M.Elmubarak--
| 5 3 5
Sudan
--Ahmed M.Elmubarak--

Ahmed M.Elmubarak
On 10/4/16, 1:42 AM

Hello,

You can use tabindex attribute to reorganize cursor focus. check this answer for more details ...

Hope this could helps

This served the purpose, however using tab I couldn't navigate to those fields, as I understand it this property removed the tab focus.

deep
on 10/31/16, 2:06 AM

So I used other way, just made the Title field as Required, so pointer re-focused to enter the data.

deep
on 10/31/16, 2:17 AM
Pinakin Nayi (pna)
On 10/4/16, 3:22 AM

Actually, at first the Curson on a title, but description field take time to load, hence the cursor moved to the description field.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/4/16, 1:28 AM
Seen: 167 times
Last updated: 10/31/16, 2:06 AM