Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Odoo 9 How Set Default Order Date Value

By
John Peverall
on 2/29/16, 7:19 AM 842 views

Whenever I create a new RFQ or PO the Order Date is set to 22/2/2016 15:36:29. 

I have enabled developer mode brought up a blank form (Order Date shown as above). I have cleared the field and clicked Set Default from Debug Menu this brings up a dialogue box with dropdown lists for Default and Condition. If I leave these blank and click on Save Default highlights default in red as error and does not save.

So how can I make the default date be todays date for new RFQ/PO

Keenmeng Lew
On 3/7/16, 3:45 AM

Hi!

I'm afraid I don't have much of an answer except probably more observations.  I saw your question after I had posted my on the same topic - https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/order-date-in-purchase-order-form-not-picking-up-current-date-and-time-98785 .  

From what I gather, when the vendor field is blank, the system will default to 03/06/2016 16:46:53.  In my case, my timezone is GMT+7, hence, mine shows up as 16:46:53 instead of 9:46:53.  If you delete the values in the field, and the click on the field again, the current date and time gets pulled in.  Now I have tried poking around but I still can't see where this default is set or why this is happening.

Hopefully, someone has better insights.

Cheers!

km

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/29/16, 7:19 AM
Seen: 842 times
Last updated: 3/14/16, 9:55 AM