Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Odoo 9 Fiscal Years and Periods

By
Vincenzo
on 10/9/15, 11:38 PM 3,527 views

How do you create Fiscal Years, and Periods in Odoo 9.

When I go to Accounting, then Configuration I only see Fiscal Positions. I am confused on how to set up the Fiscal Positions

Thank you

I would really like to know what happened with accounting periods in version 9.0 too.

Justin Lessard
on 11/10/15, 3:30 PM

Hello

(Mabye My answer is late) To set a fiscal year you should install "date_range" module:

Setting -> Technical -> Date Range ==> Set Your Fiscal Year

https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/9.0/date_range/

Best Regards

Steven Segers
On 12/28/15, 8:31 AM

Fiscal Years and Periods have been replaced with a single setting "Fiscal Year Last Day" which can be found in Accounting > Configuration > Settings. So if "Fiscal Year Last Day" is set to dec 31, then each jan 1st a new Fiscal Year would start.
On a purchase invoice, the Fiscal Period field was replaced with an "Accounting Date" field, which can be used to control which Fiscal year the document is booked in.
I have not seen any explanation as to why this was done. I imagine it's meant as a simplification, and it certainly adds a degree of flexibility, although I also see a some issues with this.

Gunatah
On 11/12/15, 9:53 PM

Good news and bad news.

Good news is: I found the answer.

Bad news is: it's manual

https://twitter.com/fpodoo/status/653037765802729472

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/9/15, 11:38 PM
Seen: 3527 times
Last updated: 11/3/16, 6:22 AM