Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Odoo 9 Enterprise Multi Website One Database

By
Vincenzo
on 11/6/15, 4:15 AM 2,131 views

Hi, I have tried and tried to configure Odoo 9 Enterprise to use 3 companies each with their own different website using one database.

Company A = Website A abc.com
Company B = Website B xyz.com
Company C = Website C 123.com

1. I have created the 3 companies but not associated a parent company since they are separate companies.
2. I created the 3 websites in website admin.
3. Website Domain eg... = abc.com, Company is the associated company to the site.
4. The config file I assigned a static database name so you don't have to select one.

What am I missing to get this running correctly?

Thank You,

Vincenzo

Please can any one help with this, Odoo told me figure it out...

Vincenzo
on 11/7/15, 11:30 PM

does anyone have any idea how to do this?

Vincenzo
on 11/19/15, 12:47 PM
Steven Segers
On 12/30/15, 12:50 PM

I have been struggling with this as well. What I have observed through trial and error (don't take this to be an authoritative answer):

• The Website Name must match the domain name. The field Website Domain field is apparently not used. (Or at least not consistently)

• Versioning and A/B testing must be enabled

• After creating a second site, it seems they are initially still referring to the the same master version. When I create and activate a new version for each website, then I get different content in each website.

• There also seem to be some caching issues when saving a version and then logging out in the same session. So it's best to always open a separate session to observe the result.

Vincenzo
On 11/11/15, 5:08 PM

yes, the domains all point to the same instance, however regardless of the domain you use they all seem use the same website and company.

not sure why this is happening.

Can anyone please help with this please

Vincenzo
on 11/14/15, 4:53 PM
Tran Ngoc Tuan
On 11/8/15, 7:48 AM

Have you pointed those 3 domains to your Odoo instance?

BTW, please give ERPOnline a try. It supports Odoo 9 with multiple websites very well.

we have purchased Odoo 9 Enterprise, but Odoo is telling em to figure this out, and post it in the forum. I cant believe this... they have no documentation, support, or ticket system but they take your money with a smile.

Vincenzo
on 11/12/15, 1:53 AM

so have you figured this out yet, i'm kinda in the same mud

euroblaze - Wapsol GmbH, Simplify-ERP®
on 12/1/16, 4:02 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

4 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/6/15, 4:15 AM
Seen: 2131 times
Last updated: 6/2/16, 9:55 AM