This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello,

I am new at using Odoo so apologies in advance if this there is an obvious step that I did not do. 

First, I initiated the Odoo 9 instance using a default admin account, I created users for employees, and also created contacts as vendors and customers. I can create and see all the contacts from the admin account without any issue.

But when I go into my employee account, I can only see company employees/users in the contacts page. Any vendors created are not visible and attempting to access them from any product page is welcomed with the following error:

The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator.(Document type: res.partner, Operation: read)

Going over my access rights in the settings page for the user account:

Application
See all Leads
Manager
Manager
Manager
Manager
Adviser
Manager
Equipment Manager
Settings

Also, attempts to  import contacts that were exported from the admin account result in the following error:

Unknown error during import: <class 'openerp.exceptions.AccessError'>: (u'The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator.\n\n(Document type: res.partner, Operation: read)',

Any Suggestions?

Discard
Author Best Answer

I do not have that option, I only have 'multi companies' & 'Multi Currencies'

EDIT:

you have to be in developer mode to see 'Other Extra Rights'

Discard
Best Answer

You should also check "Contact Creation" for the user under "Other Extra Rights".

Discard