This question has been flagged

There are services that my company order the contractors to perform.

We created the purchase orders, specifying the quantity and unit price of the services.

The problem is, those quantity and unit prices are hard to be determined prior to the actual performance of the service.

The contractor usually ends up with quantity and unit price that are different than stated in purchase order. They then submitted a supplier invoice that are not identical to the purchase order.

Now, I know the principles of "two-way match" or "three-way match" in accounting, to prevent fraud.

And that because of differences in quantity and/or unit price between invoice and purchase order, then Odoo can not validate the invoice.

How can Odoo accept that there are inevitable difference in invoice and purchase order, and then validate the invoice?

I know this situation is - kind of - silly, but nevertheless this is the situation at my company right now.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi Ray, thank you so much for the explanation.

So when we validate the invoice using different total (from the PO), what would happen next, in terms of journal entries?

What would be considered the true amount?

If we are going to follow through with automated asset registrations, what would be the value of the asset registered; would it be from the invoice, or from the original PO?

Thanks again.

Discard
Best Answer
because of differences in quantity and/or unit price between invoice and purchase order, then Odoo can not validate the invoice.

Odoo (at v8 and v9) does not prevent you from validating an Invoice that does not match your Purchase Order.  It just defaults the Invoice price and quantity to what matches the Purchase Order.  You can then change quantity and/or price to match the actual Vendor Invoice.

Odoo (at v8) does prevent you from validating an Invoice if the total calculated doesn't match the total entered in the Verification Total, but if your supplier gives a different price and/or quantity, simple enter the total in the Verification Total on the invoice and you can validate.

Discard