This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hello.

I plan to use Odoo 8 online. I will begin to use the free supported version for two users.

I have several questions regarding the database management.

How can I reset It before testing modules ?

I can I force a bachup. Do you still backup databases for free subscriptions ?

How can I restore a backup.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

Discard
Best Answer

If you are using Odoo online (SaaS) then backups and redundancy are built-in. See:  https://www.odoo.com/page/security

If you want to download your own database backup go to "My Odoo.com account" > Manage my organizations > Backup

Discard
Best Answer

i already have a production database. for about  5 months.  

and i backup  

Going to "My odoo.com Account" then click "Manage My Organizations", then "Backup"

but i have never restore.

Discard
Best Answer

I had some initial problems backing up, but now it seems to work now. Its kind of tricky. You have to be logged into the database, then go to account, then manage organizations, then it will let you backup to a zip file. To restore the .zip file, you can go into the database management of the in-house installation and use the restore in there (don't unzip the file dump). It seemed to restore successfully, but you have to login using your odoo account, and not the user email address. It seems to work ok, but now I have a message on the top of my screen - "could not get content for /saas/trial/static/css/demo.css defined in bundle 'web.assets_backend" Can't figure out how to get rid of that.

Discard