This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi,

After modifying in Odoo 8 the Invoice - Send by Email (Portal) template the variable signup_url is not set and the template no longer renders the if statement dependant on this variable.

So when I preview the template everything renders ok except for this part:  % if signup_url:

I can confirm that this happens wiht Odoo 8 online (SAAS) and On-premise

Could you please advise

Discard
Best Answer

I believe that you changed the mail template using the "Edit Template" functionality. If you did do that, you would observe that the variable name part in the template has been URL encoded to "% 24 % 7 B object.signup_url % 7 D" instead of ${object.signup_url}, that is to say, the variable could not be found and the object.get_signup_url() function was never called.

To fix it, click on the "Edit" button to the top-left corner of the interface just below the title "Templates /Odoo Enterprise Connection". Then, click the "<>" button on the tool bar abovethe edit window to show the html source code of the tempalte, and change the variable back to ${object.signup_url} from "% 24 % 7 B object.signup_url % 7 D" .

Discard

I meant the variable had been encoded to

${object.signup_url}
. You should change it back to ${object.signup_url}. The URL encode functionality messed up my answer.

disregard the previous comment. I had difficult time to enter the actual encoded values. but you can see what I meant from my original answer.