Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
We have been contracted to develop a Magento Integration for Odoo v8. We strongly believe in the concept of Open Source. All source will be made available to the community when development is complete. This connector will not be based on any existing technology. It will be complete from scratch.
Does anyone have specific features that the integration should support? We would like to use this forum as a tool to facilitate a community driven design. Please note, this connector is to be developed rapidly (delivery time 1 month).
Out of box features will include:
1. Mass product synchronization. This means synchronizing 10's of thousands of products to Magento within 30 minutes.
2. Full catalog management.
3. Order/Fulfillment Management - including payment gateways with auth in Magento and Capture in Odoo.
Any suggestions/recommendations are welcome.
I am looking for testers. If anyone is interested in testing this connector in v8 please email me firstname.lastname@example.org
After 3 months of work over the original 1 month timeline, I release the code to anyone interested. The code is still under active development, and such contains print statements and other debug code that will be optimized later. We received a lot of interest, but little financial contribution. If you like what you see and want to move things along further, consider contributing if you can. Our campaign has 9 days left. Link: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mage2odoo-8-0-management-solution
Here is a link to the modules:
You need to install the OpenobjecConnector in your Magento instance. There are no published guides yet, if you need assistance testing please send us an email, we will try to help. Our email is listed above.
We wanted to thank everyone for their input. We received way more interest than anticipated. As a result we have created a crowd funding campaign on Indiegogo to help with the development cost. If you are interested in contributing, here is the link:
We will now close out this thread, as enough input has been posted. Thanks again!
For info, I tested the OCA Magento connector http://odoo-magento-connector.com/ and it work at half :
The product are imported with the basic fields : name, sku, price, taxes
The product data are sync only from Magento to Odoo
The stocks are NOT imported
The stock changes are NOT imported from Magento to Odoo, but only from Odoo to Magento
The main images for the simple product are imported
I didn't tested the sales import, but there are only imported from Magento to Odoo.
Also all for with cron job, there is no instant synchronisation...
It is not what I expect.
My suggestion is to map sales tax rates between Magento and Odoo, so that the different sales taxes included in the Magento frontend are correctly identified in Odoo (and included in the right sales tax return). For example, where sales tax for each state must be collected (in the US), or different VAT amounts in Europe.
Great to hear that you are working on this. I think it will be necessary for some companies that need the Website > Store > Store View granularity in their websites among other things.
Here is some suggestions and/or a feature wishlist in no particular order:
- Multi-channel catalog management according to customer group (eg. retail customer is allowed add to cart on frontend while wholesale customer gets add to quote, or RFQ and different pricing structure according to Odoo pricelists)
- Product picture, attributes, customer, and category synchronisation between Magento and Odoo (with the option of syncing to both accounting and/or public categories). Magento has tools like Magmi for doing mass catalog updates (with picture galleries) among other things, while Odoo seems to be currently lacking (to the best of my knowledge) in a user-friendly module for this type of mass-import.
- Address management sync from Magento to Odoo - allowing for selection of countries with/without postcodes and states.
- Multi-instances, multi-e-shop, multi-currency, multi-warehouse, multi-language
- Realtime Synchronization through new 8.0 API of products catalog, customers, sales orders, stock levels, shipments, packages’ tracking numbers, invoices…
- Payment workflow automation: depending on the mean of payment (credit card, wire transfer), possibility to automate workflows in OpenERP (automatic order validation, automatic invoice validation…). For instance, a sales order paid by credit card will automatically create an invoice with the “paid” status
- WHM Warehouse managment to allow for complete inventory/logistics control from Odoo, including shipping calculation sync either Magento > Odoo, or Odoo > Magento to allow for multiple methods of shipping through either Magento or Odoo extensions.
- Helpdesk & Support integration for contact form, and multiple customisable contact forms to allow for taking down customer details (eg. Distributor Application form, warranty forms, etc.)
- Quotation Templates push to Magento to allow for use of Odoo's new frontend quotation
- Documentation push from Odoo to Magento
- Odoo Messaging sync to Magento to integrate with Magento's own order, invoice, shipment confirmation messages.
Hello, just some points off the top of my head below. I know some of these points have been discussed already. But, I still want to highlight them as features we would be looking for in a new Connector.
1. Real-time, two way synchronisation of all customer data, product data (including images), product categories, inventory and sales orders rather than using cron jobs or Odoo scheduled actions.
2. Odoo stock to be the master and update Magento inventory accordingly in real-time.
3. Separate journals created in Odoo for Magento Payment Methods. e.g. Cash, Credit Card, PayPal etc and be mapped with the corresponding Magento Payment Method.
4. Separate Shipping Methods created in Odoo for Magento Shipping Methods. e.g. Standard Shipping, Express Shipping, Local Pickup etc. Odoo Warehouse will need to know this information when picking and dispatching orders.
3. Support for multiple Customer addresses. e.g. Shipping Address & Invoice Address. This feature can be turned on in Odoo under Settings->Configuration-Sales->Customer Features->Allow a different address for delivery and invoicing. As you would already know Magento supports multiple addresses.
4. Newsletter integration. e.g. A guest subscribes to the Newsletter on the Magento website, so therefore an Odoo Contact is created which is opted-in to Odoo Newsletter.
5. Support for Magento discounts when using both fixed amount discount and/or percentage based discount and the ability to report on the discounts used. e.g. amount of revenue lost from discounts. Separate account in Chart of Accounts for recording discount amounts.
6. What's the sales status in Odoo when a Magento order is Pending Payment, Processing, Complete etc? Will these statuses synch both ways? e.g. An order comes through Magento, which hasn't been paid yet, will this be created as a Draft Quotation in Odoo? When the Magento order is paid and set to Processing will the Odoo Draft Quotation become a Sales Order and automatically be invoiced? When shipped from Odoo will the Magento order be set to Complete and receive tracking information?
7. There should also be a feature that throws an Odoo Invoice Exception, if the Magento and Odoo Total Sales amount differs by greater than $0.1. This will safeguard against any weird behaviours or development bugs that cause a mismatch in totals from the original Magento Sale and the corresponding Odoo Sales Order. The Odoo Sales Order can then be manually amended to match the Magento Sale before being Invoiced and hitting the Odoo Accounts. Then there should be zero worry for discrepancies between Magento and Odoo.
8. Support for Grouped Products. So that the Odoo Picking Slip shows the Grouped Product and associated Simple Products.
I know many of these features are quite specific and not required by the masses, so I would be happy to discuss contracting you or your company for these features, if you have alternative contact details where I can discuss them further with you.
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 9/10/14, 5:56 PM|
|Seen: 14547 times|
|Last updated: 3/10/16, 1:08 AM|