Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Odoo 8 interface not displaying in full height after log in

By
Utoro Princewill
on 2/3/15, 5:17 AM 937 views

I am having a problem with Odoo 8 app interface to show full height after logging in successfully. I tried it in Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Opera, they all show the same thing; but shows well in Internet Explorer.

See image link below.

http://i.stack.imgur.com/UW1mN.jpg

@Ankit, my Google Chrome Version is (Version 40.0.2214.94 m), firefox version is 35.0.1, opera version is 27.0. All the browsers with the version quoted are all updated broswers in my windows pc (Win 8)

Utoro Princewill
on 2/3/15, 8:16 AM

@Utoro,

You've had a module install/update go wrong. I've had this happen a number of times while developing website theme modules on Odoo 8.0.

I'd recommend making a full backup of your database and Odoo install files, and then run the following from a command line:

cd /opt/odoo/odoo-server/
sudo git pull
sudo su odoo
./openerp-server --update=all -c /etc/odoo-server.conf

and allow this process to run for quite some time to allow it to upgrade all of your modules in your database. I'd also recommend removing modules one by one until you find the cause of the issue.

Make sure you backup first!!

Luke Branch
on 2/3/15, 8:46 AM

Thanks @Luke. My app runs on windows platform. Firstly, The improper display of the interface surfaced immediatly i did my first installation the odoov8 and login (have not installed any module) Secondly, how do i run the the below commands cd /opt/odoo/odoo-server/ sudo git pull sudo su odoo ./openerp-server --update=all -c /etc/odoo-server.conf

Utoro Princewill
on 2/3/15, 9:58 AM

Ankit H Gandhi(AHG)

--Ankit H Gandhi(AHG)--
| 5 3 6
Rajkot, India
--Ankit H Gandhi(AHG)--

Learning Python..

Ankit H Gandhi(AHG)
On 2/3/15, 7:37 AM

Hello Utoro Princewill,

your google chrome version should be Version 28.0.1500.71 Ubuntu 12.04 (28.0.1500.71-0ubuntu1.12.04.1)

Hope this will help you.

if you find this answer helpful, please give me a thumbs up vote    

Regards,

Ankit H Gandhi

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/3/15, 5:17 AM
Seen: 937 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM