Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

ODOO 8 Header - Company Name width truncated

Roger Flores F.
on 8/21/14, 11:42 PM 1,161 views

Please check the code for printing the header in odoo 8 reports.

If you use a Company name more than  18 letters,  Odoo fail to print it in 1 line (it split to 2 lines) and the fail to print correctly.

This only happen in PDF report.    For HTML report it prints correctly.

M Vergouwe
On 1/13/16, 3:16 AM

I fixed this for my Odoo installation (v8) by editing the bootstrap.css file.
There I copied the style col-xs-3 to col-xs-31 and changed width from 25% to 30%

Then you need to change the report.external_layout_header qweb under Settings->Technical->User interface. Change class="col-xs-3" for the last div to class="col-xs-31".

Regenerate the PDF and the company name shouldn't be truncated anymore.

Don't change the width of col-xs-3 because it's also used for the header space where the logo is.

On 10/22/15, 5:35 AM

I am facing the same problem for odoo9 also, and i attended odoo 9 launch in India, and saw the demo being used by them also had the same issue. Apparently they were also not knowing about this.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 8/21/14, 11:42 PM
Seen: 1161 times
Last updated: 1/13/16, 3:16 AM