This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello, I have an Odoo 8 installation on an Ubunut 14.04 VPS, it's working like a charm, however, I'm afraid one day something bad might happen!

So, I don't want to relay on manual backups done through odoo's interface; 8069/web/database/manager#action=database_manager , I want to make this automatic using cron, so far, I've tried pg_dump, I'm able to extract a database, however, I don't know how to restore it, I've tried creating a new one and populating it with the old database, however, odoo doesn't recognize and show it!

Can you please help me, I'd like two command lines I can run on my linux installation, one for backing up my Odoo db and one for restoring it.

Thanks so much.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi, you can use this commands

create database your_db_name;

alter database your_db_name owner to odoo;

pg_restore -i -h localhost -p 5432 -U odoo -d your_db_name -v "your_db_name .backup"

Discard
Author

This seems very good, I'm going to give it a try when I go to work.

Do you have

Author

Do you have a command line for backing up odoo db, mine seems very weak, I use pg_dump dbname | gzip > dbname.gz

Best Answer

You might want to check the following module (more than 11000 downloads can't be wrong)  https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/auto_backup/

Discard
Author

I use it already, thanks, but I'm unable to restore my db from its backups.