Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Odoo 8.0 Server Data Migration

By
Gary Yu
on 10/11/14, 10:55 AM 628 views

I want to move the data from one Odoo 8.0 server to another. Can anybody share me the method? 

I didn’t find an easy way to do it , so just use “pg_dump” command to dump my database from the source server and then use “pg_restore" to restore the database on the target server ,and copy all file under /var/lib/Odoo/filestore from source server to target server.  Then actually , I get the same result on my browser. But i’m not sure  if it is the correct method to do the migration.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/11/14, 10:55 AM
Seen: 628 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM