Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

odoo 7 & jsonrpc? is this really supported?

eric machine
on 8/6/14, 7:43 AM 1,155 views

Hi everyone,

I need some help and get really mixed up. I google around and find in this forum. Some said can, some said only v8. So which one?

Based on the forums here, jsonrpc seems possible with v7

Based on google search here, jsonrpc is only for v8 onwards

So which one?

If v7 can really support jsonrpc, is there anything I need to configure extra? e.g. openerp-server.conf or?

I have tested http://localhost:8069/jsonrpc, and I got 404 error.

I have tried the 6080 port as well, but it's just not working.

Any help? Thanks.

Ben Bernard

--Ben Bernard--
| 4 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ben Bernard--
Ben Bernard
On 8/6/14, 10:42 AM

JSON-RPC (version 2) is supported by Odoo back to version 6.1. So version 7 is using JSON-RPC.

openerp-client-lib will start support JSON-RPC for Odoo 8, maybe because the structure of the code related to JSON-RPC is difference. This is my speculation.

To see JSON-RPC in action open Network Monitor in Firefox or your other favorite browser.

eric machine
On 8/6/14, 10:56 AM

Thanks so much :)

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 8/6/14, 7:43 AM
Seen: 1155 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM