This question has been flagged
4 Replies

We are trying to use Odoo 11 for restaurant business management in particularly inventory. But we have difficulty to configure Odoo Inventory and Products Unit of Measures. In restaurant industry, we purchase products in case of 6 bottle 75mL and selling it by glass 250mL. But we need to do inventory adjustment Unit of Measure in Case of 6 Bottles, or bottles not in 75cL. Stock Accounting and Stock valuation must be done in same as purchasing Unit of Measures.

Example Scenario to create:
PURCHASE: Case of 6 Bottle of DrinkA - Buying from $60 PURCHASE AND SELL: Bottle of DrinkA 75cL - Selling from $20 SELL: Glass of DrinkA 175mL - Selling from $5 SELL: Glass of DrinkA 250mL - Selling from $7.5

Note: Must do Inventory Adjustment and get report Inventory Valuation in Purchasing UoM

We also create recipes (BOM) for each dishes we sell, but sometimes, we need to use same BOM into another BOM. Are these possible to do with Odoo 11? I send you some explanation from another website about Unit of Measure in restaurant industry.

Please check this out:
http://restaurant365training.com/unit-of-measure/
http://restaurant365training.com/unit-of-measure-equivalence/

I hope you give me advice or show how to do this. If you would like to send me email, I would be grateful to hear from you.

Discard

Your question is phrased in a very unclear manner.

For example, you say "we purchase products in case of 6 bottle 75mL and selling it by glass 250mL. But we need to do inventory adjustment Unit of Measure in Case of 6 Bottles, or bottles not in 75cL".

This sentence is contradicting itself (or there are words missing). You are saying that you could do your inventory adjustment based on bottles but not based on '75cl'. However, you also say that 1 bottle is 75cl.

Additionally, you are mixing 75ml and 75cl in your question.

I cannot help if it's not clearer.

Best Answer

I agree with Fabien and do disagree with Eric Caudal in the community list:

For most of my customers, it is much easier to create BoMs once per product than to count bottles every night. So my recommendation is described here:

https://www.twanda.ch/slides/slide/wine-by-the-glass-3

It would be cool though to develop a little module which automatically create the BoM and the Glass products with its variants from the Bottle product ....

Discard
Author

Ermin. Excellent PDF.

Your're welcome, thank you.

Author

Hi Ermin. Could you email me screenshot of Unit of Measure table with ratios?

Best Answer

I would do this: on product:

- unit of measure: bottle

- purchase unit of measure: box of 6

Then, create another product for the POS: "glass of wine", with a 'kit' bill of materials: 1 glass of wine=0.33 bottle.

It fits all your use case with one exception: inventory adjustment must be in bottles, not in box of 6. (Which, I think, is more logic. Otherwise, how would you record 71 bottles). You can still record boxes when you do an inventory adjustment using specific packaging types that can be scanned.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thank you everyone. Fabrice, Ermin and Fabien. I have got my answer.

Discard