This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I installed Odoo 11 fresh out of the box on windows and created an empty database. Now when I go to /web/database/manager, the page gets displayed normally but when I click anything like "Backup" or "Set Master Password" or literally anything else, nothing happens. So I opened the JavaScript console of the browser and it says:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'getSelectorFromElement' of undefined

at HTMLButtonElement.<anonymous> (modal.js:587)

at HTMLDocument.dispatch (jquery.js:4641)

at HTMLDocument.elemData.handle (jquery.js:4309)

How can this be on a fresh installation? It really shouldn't have bugs like that?

EDIT: This happens in Chrome but in Firefox it works. But still.. it lowers my trust in the system and that it will run smoothly.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thanks for your answers. I could solve it in the meantime.

I had V12 installed previously and used it in Chrome. It must have been a cashing issue because once I cleared the browser cache, everything worked also in Chrome.

Good one, I'm using Windows locally but Ubuntu on my Virtual Server. Thanks again!

Discard
Best Answer

It does work flawlessly when properly installed and all requirements are met as per installation documentation.

Please check your environment, the versions of Odoo and Chrome.

SCNR: If you want to trust your system, why are you using Windows then?

Discard
Best Answer

I think the problem in the browser, I had the same issue before and I made virus scanning and used inconginito window in chrome and every thing worked fine 

Do you have another version of odoo installed in the same machine? 

Discard