This question has been flagged

1.       Is the database set up for odoo community compatible with the modules available for enterprise ? Can you combine the community modules with some of the paid enterprise modules?

2.       Is there an unlimited # of users that can interact with the database at the same time ? in community and in enterprise?

3.       Are there any data storage limitations on the database on the community version or in the enterprise version (postscripts) how much information can it hold?

4.       Can you use the same database for community and also in enterprise if you decide to upgrade at a later date?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

First of all what you have to get an idea about is that, Odoo enterprise is not a separate thing, Odoo enterprise is a set of modules over the community edition.

1. Yes, as Odoo enterprise is a set of modules over the community edition.

Odoo community = Odoo community

Odoo enterprise = Odoo community + enterprise modules

To install enterprise you need the community and community modules.

2. Yes there is no such a limit.

3. It purely depend on the hardware specificatiom you have.

4. Yes, you can change the db to Enterprise once you want it. Installing the module named web_enterprise change the community db  as enterprise db.

Thanks

Discard
Author Best Answer

Very clear man, thank you for the very detailled answer.

I have a few questions more:

1. What tecnology use Odoo? I saw that database is on Postgre but I´m not clear what development language is to create modules.

2. How I can install Module Builder in Community edition? I tryed before to do it but I cannot see any option to import it even in apps option.

3. I´m interesting to developt in Odoo to create a API to a main app that can be the central server and then a local server for every client the app is installed, I think with Builder I can do it, but, what are you think?

Thank you for your help.

Discard