This question has been flagged
8 Replies

Hello. We are using the accounting module in Odoo 10. We are new to Odoo AND do not have accounting knowledge (bad combination I know). We have made invoicing mistakes and now I need to refund/cancel/undo the invoices with errors.

When I use the "Refund Invoice" button, it responds with and error "The partner has to be the same on all lines for receivable and payable accounts!" and I cannot complete the cancellation. So what I have been doing in the meantime is creating new invoices with negative entries so that the General Ledger still balances.
However now I have a customer that has outstanding invoices and when I tried to create a new invoice with negative amounts (to cancel a previous invoice with errors), Odoo now wants to add outstanding amounts together so I cannot register a payment with these negative values.
I need help cancelling invoices that are unpaid.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

the error "The partner has to be the same on all lines for receivable and payable accounts!" means that in your invoice lines' account entries' the reference for account_id is applied to different partners' receivable or payable accounts.
What I would suggest:

1. Under the financial manager user go to accounting > adviser > journal entries. Find one which number is the same as invoice has

2. In each line you would see the 'Account'. Ones which have positive debit are receivable. If there are 2 of them, check that they belong to the same partner. If not, try to understand why

3. Then try to Cancel --> change account --> validate back

4. Now accounts are the same and you can refund 

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

the error "The partner has to be the same on all lines for receivable and payable accounts!" means that in your invoice lines' account entries' the reference for account_id is applied to different partners' receivable or payable accounts.
What I would suggest:

1. Under the financial manager user go to accounting > adviser > journal entries. Find one which number is the same as invoice has

2. In each line you would see the 'Account'. Ones which have positive debit are receivable. If there are 2 of them, check that they belong to the same partner. If not, try to understand why

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

What I would suggest:

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

What I would suggest:

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

What I would suggest:

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

the error "The partner has to be the same on all lines for receivable and payable accounts!" means that in your invoice lines' account entries' the reference for account_id is applied to different partners' receivable or payable accounts.
What I would suggest:

Discard
Author Best Answer

@odoo tools - thank you for your reply. Wish I could I could share a screen grab but I don't seem to find those tools on this forum. Hopefully the Table below will help. These are the rows and columns I have in my invoice. Is the "account_id" you refer to, the column that is labelled 'Account'?

Product
Description
Account
Quantity
Unit Price
Taxes
Amount
Name of Product 1
description of product 1
100300 Services
R0.00
15%