This question has been flagged

I'm sure this must be possible but I admit it is early days for me with Odoo, perhaps someone can point me in the right direction?

I am currently using Odoo Community 10.0, but eventually it will be Enterprise.

I am trying to build a Server Action that I can set on my Incoming Mail Servers entry, so that on arrival, the message is attached to a particular model record: the email subject will contain the value for the ID field of the event.registration model.

I would like the incoming message to be attached or somehow referenced by that attendee record.

So far I have the Incoming mailbox working fine, and I have tested by setting the alias on a discussion channel - just to make sure that messages are flowing inward. This works fine.

When I build the server action, I am not sure how to proceed. I have tried:

* Setting base model to be mail.message and trying to grab values such as ${object.subject}

* Setting Action as 'Send Email' so I can echo the captured valued and see if I have successfully referenced the subject line

This does not seems to work, it seems the incoming message is not referenced by the server action.

Do I need to allow the incoming mail to be routed, and then set my action on another part of the model? I don't really want the message to go anywhere other than to be attached to the Attendee, but it does not matter if I have to make a channel as an intermediate stage - it just feels like this may be unneccessary?

Discard