Odoo Help

8 Answers
Hubert Pineault Canada
3/8/17, 8:54 PM

Edit: see bellow. I found the right answer.

This module was easier to access with Odoo 8.0. In Odoo 10, you go to Accounting. Under 'Settings', you will find 'Accounting'. Expand it and there will be 'bank account' (I'm not sure of the term, I'm translating from my french version). Click on it and click on the bank account for which you want to import a statement. Then, under the 'Actions' button, you'll find the option 'Account statements'. Click on it and it will bring you to a page were you see all statements linked to this bank account. You will also have the options of creating or importing new statement.
As for the .ofx part of your question, matters are more complexe and I'm still struggling with it. I'll make a new post to separate the issues.

EDIT:

So, I was totally wrong and looking way to deep. This is available straight in the accounting board (not sure of the translation; "tableau de bord" in french). You have to create first a bank account for your society and a journal linked to it. The journal would than be available on your accounting board.

There will be a button (and later a grey link after the first import) 'import statement' (or something similar, "importation d'un relevé" in french). From there, it's pretty straight foward. Note that your bank account needs to have the full bank id, not just the folio (for Desjardins bank, it would be 815-12345-12345678-EOP, for ex).

Also, it seems that the original bank import module interfere with the bank_account_statement_import module and the OCA bank_account_statement_import_ofx module. The previous answer was refering to this original module which is accessible in the 'more' button and in what I was saying in my first answer. To import via the OCA module, for ofx, you need to click straight on the journal button mentionned above.

4 Comments
Evans Bernier Canada
3/11/17, 8:06 AM

That right!!! In was in my face. I tried the module, but I get this error message: "Could not make sense of the given file. Did you install the module to support this type of file ?". I looked in the source code and there is no code under "_parse_file" function. It only raise this exception. As I see, we have to develop the parsing file code. That is strange that the description module if for import OFX file. Thanks for your help!!!!!

Sésum, Hubert Pineault Canada
3/12/17, 10:56 PM

I was also look way too deep to find how to import :P

Do you have ofxparse library installed? On github, someone was mentionning that the version 0.16 (latest) is needed. If you're on Debian (or other linux dist, probably), this version is not available in the repositories. So you need to use "pip install ofxparse".

I think the module installs even if it's an older version, but your error might be due to that.

Evans Bernier Canada
3/21/17, 2:28 PM

I installed the module via pip install, but I have the same problem. So, if I understand, if the Odoo class in module doesn't inherit a class where the function "_parse_file" is defined, it's look in python module where this function is defined?

Thanks (Merci),

Sésum, Hubert Pineault Canada
3/22/17, 1:13 PM

I can't help you with that. I'm still a beginner in python and odoo. Try to ask on github. Maybe you'll have better chances.

bonne chance

Shaik India
2/24/17, 6:13 AM

Hello,

I tried with community version. The menu is there under Accounting -> Bank -> More -> Import Statement.

1 Comment
Evans Bernier Canada
3/5/17, 2:57 PM

Did you test it on Odoo 10? There is not these menu sequence in Odoo 10...

michel Guénard France

--michel Guénard--

| 5 5 10
VIROFLAY, France
--michel Guénard--

VP operations & finance Social entrepreneur Certified Public Accountant Past Chief internal auditor

michel Guénard France
1/15/18, 6:04 PM

on the Dashboard screen for accounting, select the bank account small green window which is suitable for the bank statement to import (there is one window per bank account set up on your database)

Then click on the small arrow on the top left corner; it will open new menus, including the import

Ask a Question
Writer
Keep Informed
3 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now