This question has been flagged
4 Replies

I have Odoo 10 CE .  I have installed the Recurring Documents app. I see it listed under Settings --> Automation. I do NOT see any "Tools" app at the top of the screen or "Extra Tools" under user access rights. I am the administrator.  When I try to create a recurring document I can fill in all the fields EXCEPT Source Document. It tells me it's invalid, but I can't enter anything. What am I missing here?

Discard
Author Best Answer

OK, I figured it out.  There's actually a spelling error on the form where you enter the subscription date.  The field is spelled "Internal Qty", and apparently it is supposed to be "Interval Qty".  If you click on "Cron Job" you will see on the following form that it is spelled "Interval number".  So if you enter "Interval Unit" = Weeks, and "Internal Qty" (mispelled) = 4, the document will be scheduled every 4 weeks.  If you want it to be a weekly document, you must set "Internal Qty" = 1.  I'm not sure how to go about correcting the comment on that field, but still, I tested it and it works beautifully.  What I see is that for every customer that does business with us on a regular basis (which is most of them) we can create template quotations and they will be automatically generated for us on the schedule we defined.

Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

It seems like you have not configured Recurring Types for Recurring Documents so please create first that record from Recurring Types menu under Recurring Documents menu.

After that, you can see the available option in Recurring Documents.

Thanks

Discard
Author

Thanks for your answer. Do you mean I HAVE configured Recurring Types or I HAVE NOT configured Recurring Types? I think I tried it but maybe was not completely successful. I'll repost later today.

Author

A follow-up: Some progress! I did what you said and created a recurring type for sales order, and from there I was given a list of available POs to choose as my source document. I chose Internal Qty and Number of Documents = 4 and chose a weekly interval. But when I clicked "Process" it says running and stays that way forever. Now what's wrong?