This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi, i am new to odoo 10 and would like to know if odoo allow me to set access rights to prevent a group of employees from creating public channels, private channels and direct messages. I only want this selected group to only join created channels and enter messages. 

I have created a user A, given "Employee" access to "Employee app". The rest of the modules are blank (i.e. no access).

I have tried going to Settings -> Groups -> Employees / Employee -> Channels > uncheck Create and Delete, but the user A is still able to create a public channel, private channel and direct messages. 

Do I need to modify the code in a table ? If so, how can i do it ?

Thanks.

Discard
Best Answer

I just tried the same thing and, while the user can click + and name the new channel, when they hit ENTER they will get an Access Errror.  

So unless you have other groups adding create permissions then your change should work - users will be able to create messages inside existing Channels only.

Discard
Author

With the above setting, User A can still create a new public channel with no error. What else can i check ?

Check Settings --> Technical --> Security --> Access Controls List and see what other group is giving people permission to create Public Channels. With the default Odoo, if you remove create permission from the Employee Group, they will get an error when creating a new Public Channel (tested once last week and again today).