This question has been flagged
5 Replies

How to install apps / modules (erd party) manually for Odoo 10.0 on Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS ?

PS : I used to put Odoo 10.0 on /opt/odoo/odoo-10.0 and the configuration file at /etc/odoo.conf

Discard
Author

I mean modules from 3rd party

Best Answer

I recently did the following steps to install modules in odoo 10.0 :

- copy the directory of the module in /opt/odoo/odoo10/addons
- chown -R odoo: /opt/odoo/odoo10/addons/<module_directory>
- chmod -R 755 /opt/odoo/odoo10/addons/<module_directory>
- restart odoo

- Activate the developer mode

- Go to Settings, then do "Update Apps List"
- Go to "Apps"
- Empty the search bar. You should see the new module in Apps list

Discard
Best Answer

Do not use /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/odoo/addons as this is only for packages installations. And I believe /var/lib/odoo/.local/share/Odoo/addons is mainly for updates and installation of modules from the App Store application (which you can see in developper mode).

A proper install would separate packages installations (i.e. deb files), updates & App Store installations and locally downloaded modules. Traditionaly in Unix/Linux those are installed in the /usr/local tree -- for example /usr/local/share/odoo/addons). But if you setup Odoo in /opt/odoo/odoo10 you can use /opt/odoo/odoo10/addons as well. Just add the path you choose in /etc/odoo.conf under addons_path -- module paths are comma separated.

Discard

My mistake :

do not put addons inside odoo tree, or you will lost everuthing at the update. For example one can choose /opt/odoo/addons

Best Answer

...the modules should be placed on 

/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/odoo/addons

or 

/var/lib/odoo/.local/share/Odoo/addons ( confirm the this one)

do a refresh and they should appear on the apps section...

Discard