This question has been flagged
2 Replies

It is said Oddo provides us Free Cloud Hosting. Does that mean I have unlimited bandwidth and unlimited server space. Can enter as much data to by Oddo ERP systems? I want to be clear on this term. Thankyou

Discard
Best Answer

Please read the FAQ on the pricing page: https://www.odoo.com/pricing

There are no limitations mentioned concerning data and bandwith, so it seems to be "fair use".

What does the subscription include?
You get access to our scalable cloud infrastructure including hosting, incremental daily backups on two continents, email integration, top notch security, 24/7 monitoring and a control center to manage your Odoo environment. Your Odoo instance is upgraded on demand to benefit from new features at your convenience.
You get access to our support by email or live chat in application. Our support teams are available from Monday to Friday, 24/5, in English and French.

Why is it the same price for the Cloud and On Premise offers?
The real costs to maintain an Odoo implementation are not the hosting costs (<1% of our turnover), but the human costs related to the maintenance services: support, upgrades, deployment, maintenance of email/backup/database servers.
Although we have extra server costs for the hosting of a Cloud customers, those customers don't have email configuration issues, are always on the latest versions, don't have upgrade difficulties, etc.
So, although it sounds paradoxical, a Cloud customer costs us less money to maintain than an On Premise customer. As Cloud customers usually have a better experience (it works in a few clicks with a fine tuned infrastructure), we decided to offer the hosting for free.

Discard
Best Answer

There are a lot more things that you should consider than just the price when it comes to our odoo hosting server. Data security, having control over your backups, how much control do you have over the hosting setup and others. While for very small deployments this may not be a concern however if you are looking for something slightly larger you should weigh the pros and cons. A relevant blog post from the company I host with goes into some details over this - https://host4geeks.com/blog/choosing-odoo-hosting/

Discard