Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

OAuth with OpenAM (SSO)

By
Arthur Deschamps
on 8/19/14, 3:39 PM 2,159 views

Hello everyone,

We are looking for SSO functionalities with OpenAM.
Actually we are trying to setup an OAuth authentication (which is supported by both services).
First, we follow the instructions of this tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uLB_vn0et0
OAuth module has default configuration with Odoo, Gmail and Facebook OAuth connectors.
So, we got a working use case with Odoo connector (we can connect to our internal Odoo with OAuth Odoo connector).

Now, we are looking to have our internal OAuth connector with OpenAM.
Did someone ever try to setup an OAuth connector with OpenAM ?

Thanks.

Ben Bernard

--Ben Bernard--
| 4 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ben Bernard--
Ben Bernard
On 8/19/14, 10:22 PM

Module auth_oauth in Odoo is an implementation for OAuth 2 specification. Google and Facebook are examples of service that support OAuth 2 specification. I think OpenAM is not using OAuth 2, but OpenSSO, correct me if I wrong. So, the module is not designed to support OpenAM.

Hello OpenAM (formaly known as OpenSSO) support a OAuth2 authentication protocol https://wikis.forgerock.org/confluence/display/openam/OpenAM+out+of+the+box+authentication+modules

Arthur Deschamps
on 8/20/14, 11:54 AM

Owhh.. that is cool. If OpenAM support to be OAuth 2 provider, then I believe the problem is reduced to configuration for auth_oauth. It's interesting, but I think I can't help any further as I don't have access to OpenAM service.

Ben Bernard
on 8/20/14, 11:21 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/19/14, 3:39 PM
Seen: 2159 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM