Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

numbers into percent

on 2/15/15, 8:18 PM 810 views

hi how to convert numbers into percent and display it in another field. let say I input a number in percent field. I input 82.10 then if i click save it will display in another field to 82.10%. can anyone help me? please i need help on it. please. i need a sample working code on this..

so it is possible?? could you give me a sample code? the working one? please i really need your help

on 2/16/15, 3:09 AM

I just updated my answer

on 2/16/15, 9:56 AM

what is the use of @api??

on 2/16/15, 9:34 PM

when i use @api.one; theres an red x icon that says undefined variable: api

on 2/16/15, 9:49 PM

from openerp import models, fields, api im using the new api for v8 in my code official documentation:https://www.odoo.com/documentation/8.0/reference/orm.html

on 2/16/15, 10:05 PM

you can search in the documentation what is the @api.one for, and how to make calculated(function) fields.

on 2/16/15, 10:08 PM

==================================================================================================now its working after that i need to multiply it on another field. but i cant multiply because the error said int to str ... blaaaa3x.... so any idea? gow to do it? because my main purpose is to multiply it to another field

on 2/19/15, 9:36 PM

Akhil P Sivan

--Akhil P Sivan--
| 5 3 6
Kochi, India
--Akhil P Sivan--

Interested in exploring Odoo both technically & functionality wise.

email-id : akhilpsivan01@gmail.com

Akhil P Sivan
On 2/17/15, 2:17 AM

Hi Louie,

I will try to correct your code also. You can try like this, I hope it works:

class appraisal_report(osv.Model):
    _name = 'appraisal.report'
    _description = 'Appraisal Report'
    def _show_percent(self, cr, uid, ids, field_names=None, arg=False, context=None):
        res = {}
        for rec in self.browse(cr, uid, ids, context=context):
            res[rec.id] = str(rec.numberpercentage) + "%"
        return res
    _columns = {
         'numberpercentage': fields.float('Number', required=True),
          'percentagedisplay': fields.function(_show_percent, string="Percentage", type='char')

I can see that, your code is using old api style, but can work in odoo 8 and code by Felipe is fully using the new api.

In Felipe's code,  you can see '@api', they are called method decorators. You can refer the link given by Felipe to know it in detail, but I will just try to give an idea. The new api deals with recordset concept. And it also eliminates the need to pass cr, uid, context while calling a function, as they are implicit in new api. For example, you can call a function like this:
self.env['model.name'].func_A(). The function will be defined as

def func_A(self):

#function body

Here self is the recordset. For dealing with that self or recordset, we use "@api.one". It avoids the need to iterate in the recordset.

For example, I have 3 fields A, B and total. Then if you used '@api.one', in function you can write like, self.total = self.A * self.B instead of,

for record in self:
   record.total = record.A * record.B

That means if you use @api.one, it will automatically iterate in the recordset, otherwise you need to use for loop.

And Felipe has used @api.depends('the_number'), it is used with compute fields (replaces the functional fields types) in new api. That means here we can say, field 'the_percantage' depends on the field 'the_number'. So whenever you change 'the_number' value, it will automatically change 'the_percentage' based on that, as on_change is implicit for compute fields in the new api.

So I hope you better understood the code of Felipe. His answer is right based on your question I believe. Also, on using his code you need to do the import at top of .py file like this: from openerp import models, fields, api

Hope this helps you...

On 2/16/15, 9:31 PM

hi thanks on that. what you mean by 'the_number'? anyway here's my sample code and i dont where to insert the percentage code.

class appraisal_report(osv.Model):                                                                                                                                                           _name = 'appraisal.report'                                                                                                                                                                     _description = 'Appraisal Report'                                                                                                                                                           _columns = {                                                                                                                                                                                                          'numberpercentage': fields.integer('Percentage', required=True),                                                                                                           'percentagedisplay': #here i do know what code and also for the code that you give also#                                                                 }                                                                                                                                                                       #but i will try to understand the code that you give to me. please i really need your help.. thanks so much....     

==================================================================================================now its working after that i need to multiply it on another field. but i cant multiply because the error said int to str ... blaaaa3x.... so any idea? gow to do it? because my main purpose is to multiply it to another field                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

| 5 3 8
Bogotá, Colombia
Informatics engineer Industrial engineer
On 2/15/15, 8:32 PM

just put a '%' in the label, or you can do a funcion that takes the float number change it to string and add it %(but this is kinda ridiculous)

class new_stuff(models.Model):
    _name = 'new.stuff'

def _percentage_string(self):

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 2/15/15, 8:18 PM
Seen: 810 times
Last updated: 3/28/15, 3:13 AM