Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Number to Text (in words)

By
Priya
on 5/27/14, 1:17 PM 1,445 views

Hi

I want to print invoice value in words in the reports.. Can you tell me the steps to add the code in the RML report templates ..(i guess some lib needs to be installed)..thx

Prakash

--Prakash--
| 5 4 7
Bikaner, India
--Prakash--

OpenERP Devloper at SunARC Technology

Prakash
On 5/28/14, 7:53 AM

Refer the Link to display Number to Text (in words)

Ludo - Neobis

--Ludo - Neobis--
| 2 2 5
Hoogvliet, Netherlands
--Ludo - Neobis--

Developer

Ludo - Neobis
On 5/28/14, 5:21 AM

OpenERP has a built-in version of this, under the mark of amount_to_text. You do not need to install an additional module. Lookup how this works in the module "account_check_writing" of the addons.

The functionality itself is under tools/amount_to_text.py of your OpenERP directory.

Just use the python library  num2words

Shaun
On 2/10/15, 6:04 AM

I have found the solution for v7 openoffice report.

[[ (o.amount_total_text).upper() ]] 

It was always in the system.

** I use upper() to make all my text capitalize **

Priya
On 6/4/14, 7:29 AM

Hi Prakash / Ludo

Thanks for your answer and a question: Is it not sufficient if i use "amount_to_text" ONLY in RML report via ooffice designer ... and do i need to make change in the source code also?

In the source code mean if you want to display in sale order form ?.. Based on this example given by Ashmsh.M in the previous link

Prakash
on 6/4/14, 7:47 AM

I just want this in the report i.e invoice

Priya
on 6/4/14, 7:58 AM

In the case need to add in both report python file and rml file.. i.e Account/Report/account_print_invoice.py and related rml file.

Prakash
on 6/4/14, 8:11 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/27/14, 1:17 PM
Seen: 1445 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM