Odoo Help

Notification messages don't get sent as Emails on Leave

By
Angela
on 3/13/14, 2:15 PM 5,313 views

I'm trying to receive emails from a chatter thread in my emails.

I'm testing on Leaves. I've subscribed as a follower of a Leave object. In my user settings I've set "All Messages (discussions, emails, followed system notifications)".

When a user creates a new message using "Send a message" at the bottom of the Leave Request, I receive a message in the "Messaging/Inbox" form, but I don't get any message via email. I've looked in "Settings/Email/Emails" and there is no email in there, so I think the Message doesn't get transformed to an Email. Indeed, I can see the message in "Settings/Email/Messages".

Any ideas ?

I believe the problem isn't the email server because other emails get sent (emails linked to workflow actions are send using stuff like this : template_inst = self.pool.get('email.template').search(cr,uid,[('name','=',MY Approuve Invoice')])[0] action = self.pool.get('email.template').send_mail(cr,uid,template_inst,inv.id,True,context) And this works fine, the email is sent and I can also see it in Settings/Email/Emails. When using the chatter, the Message stays in Settings/Email/Messages and never goes to Settings/Email/Emails. Thanks for some input

Angela
on 3/14/14, 8:00 AM

Hi,

I have the same issue - system emails such as the password reminder email are sending, but the notification emails for leave requests and approvals/refusals aren't sending...

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

Thanks,

Maxim Lester
on 4/2/14, 9:54 AM
Dimitri Christopoulos
On 6/20/14, 10:25 AM

Can you try this on a trial instance on OpenERP Online to troubleshoot if the problem comes from your email server or from your outgoing email configuration?

Maxim Lester
On 4/2/14, 9:54 AM

Hi,

I have the same issue - system emails such as the password reminder email are sending, but the notification emails for leave requests and approvals/refusals aren't sending...

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

Thanks,

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/13/14, 2:15 PM
Seen: 5313 times
Last updated: 3/24/15, 1:52 PM