Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Notes module - I see everyone's notes

By
A. Person
on 7/22/15, 2:09 PM 576 views

I'm the Administrator and I see everyone's notes but they don't see mine.  Can I configure my account to behave like their's in this way?

Lucio
On 7/22/15, 4:51 PM

As @Fabrice Henrion said, rules does not apply to superuser (i.e. Administrator).

Nevertheless, you can change the action called by the menu "Notes" adding the desired domain, and in that way, the domain will be ensured.

The domain to add is:

[('user_id','=',uid)] 

This can be achived in and `XML` file:

<record model="ir.actions.act_window" id="note.action_note_note"> 
     <field name="domain">[('user_id','=',uid)]</field>
</record>

Or this can be done from inside the system (you have to enable Technical Features first to see the menu):  <I tried to mebed the image without luck...Click to see image>

Hope this helps!
Nikunj Nakum
On 12/14/15, 5:54 AM

you can give domain by group by like,

For Example:
suppose you have two groups:

1. Admin Group

2. Normal User Group

now for admin user you can apply this domain in ir.rule:

<field name="domain"> [(1,'=',1)] </field>

and for normal user group you can give

<field name="domain"> [('user_id','=',user.id)] </field>

then in result admin can view all records and normal user can view only own records

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 7/22/15, 4:08 PM

Record rules don't apply to user id=1 (admin). So, no you cannot. You should have your own user and use admin for admin purposes only.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/22/15, 2:09 PM
Seen: 576 times
Last updated: 12/14/15, 6:08 AM