This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I want to create a new workcenter but the field is gray; should I install something extra or have another right and which one?

Discard

Could you be more specific? Where exactly are you seeing it grayed out? You should be creating work centers from the Manufacturing menu under Configuration -> Work Center.

Author

I am going via manufacturing - configuration - resources - work centers; then I push "create" button, It opens the work center creation form, but fileds "name", "code", "resource type" are grayed and I can't type anything into them

As far as I can tell, only the admin can create a work center. No idea why or how that's happening though, and I'd like to find out more for myself.

I also have the same problem right now, I tried giving the user every permission that the Admin has, but still no effect..

Best Answer

The reason is that workcenter inherits the resource.resource object, and only admin is allowed to create new instances of resource.resource. In order to allow others to manage resources you should add a new permission under Settings - Technical - Security - Access Control List

Discard

Not the OP, but your answer was very helpful to me, thanks!

you should also refresh the page after adding the permession, I've spent three hours looking for the reason this hadn't work, after that I found out that I should refresh the page.