Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Not able to "send email" from SO or RFQ. Getting Error. Mail will send from Opportunities.

By
Landis Arnold
on 2/27/13, 4:32 PM 1,551 views

Getting "none type" is not Iterable in Quotation Email Early nascent setup. Last time I tried to send an email (did so from RFQ mode) all worked well.

Just tried to send a test from Sales/Quotations and get this error:

Server Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/openerp/web/addons/web/session.py", line 90, in send return openerp.netsvc.dispatch_rpc(service_name, method, args) File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/netsvc.py", line 295, in dispatch_rpc result = ExportService.getService(service_name).dispatch(method, params) File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/service/web_services.py", line 614, in dispatch res = fn(db, uid, params) File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/osv/osv.py", line 188, in execute_kw return self.execute(db, uid, obj, method, *args, *kw or {}) File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/osv/osv.py", line 131, in wrapper return f(self, dbname, args, *kwargs) File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/osv/osv.py", line 198, in execute res = self.execute_cr(cr, uid, obj, method, args, *kw) File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/osv/osv.py", line 185, in execute_cr return getattr(object, method)(cr, uid, args, *kw) File "/opt/openerp/addons/email_template/wizard/mail_compose_message.py", line 85, in onchange_template_id values['attachment_ids'].append(ir_attach_obj.create(cr, uid, data_attach, context=context)) File "/opt/openerp/addons/document/document.py", line 121, in create vals['file_type'], vals['index_content'] = self._index(cr, uid, vals['datas'].decode('base64'), vals.get('datas_fname', False), None) File "/opt/openerp/addons/document/document.py", line 132, in _index mime, icont = cntIndex.doIndex(data, datas_fname, file_type or None, None) TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

Later I can "press send" and it shows in the OPENERP que but nothing is transporting to my test_gmail account. Will try some non templated mailings next.

I just did a test with a Sample Data Install. In that situation, though the SMTP outgoing server is not setup, I can get the form to load in "Send Email" for both Quotations and RFQ which I cannot get to load on my site being built. The email forms were loading previously. Varaibles now are that I have products, customers and chart of accounts loaded.

Landis Arnold
on 2/27/13, 6:53 PM

I was getting email out on 2-25-13 from this database. The Server is able to email from "sample database". It appears that the issue is in Document or Template creation. I have not done any Template editing. Document Management system I was trying to get working, possibly in that window.

Landis Arnold
on 2/27/13, 8:41 PM

Uninstalling "Document Management" and "Knowledge" had no effect.

Landis Arnold
on 2/27/13, 8:44 PM

Issue seems to be in parsing the Template. From "opportunities" I found I could send an email. Also, from Quotation, If I choose "send by email". I get the error then go further. If I add an address (as was automatically added on Opportunity email) an email is sent, but with no Template message and no attachment.

Landis Arnold
on 2/27/13, 10:46 PM

Pulled full new sets of server/addons/web. But still same result. Will see if anything can be made of Document Management or Remove it, but I tried this earlier.

Landis Arnold
on 2/28/13, 10:26 AM
Landis Arnold
On 3/3/13, 1:23 AM

Had to Create a New DataBase, bring in the needed Modules and import previous Data. Working now. I don't know what was causing the error but time to move on. Was likely a very small entry somewhere in the Database.

What was known is that it is possible to get a new system going if you are not "too far" down the road. I would hate to do the same with a years worth of Orders, Invoices, Manufacturing, Projects, Notes, HR and the like.

Daily Backups and conservative Admin and Module usage seems a good part of the approach.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/27/13, 4:32 PM
Seen: 1551 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM