Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Non-breakable space as a thousands separator - how to set?

By
Harri Luuppala
on 11/16/13, 5:14 PM 2,679 views

In Finnish proper thousand separator is " " (non-breakable space). How could I add it? The point . works well, but I am not able to add a normal space nor the non-breakable space (e.g cut-paste from Libre-Office shows a proper way to format one million 1 000 000,00).

The standard in Finland is   as the thousand separator. I may input this non-breakable space: 1. Open LibreOffice 2. Type in alt-space in Mac OSX 3. Cat-Paste that   4. Paste that to the thousands separator

Erppian, Harri Luuppala
on 11/24/13, 7:54 AM
Nicolas PIGANEAU
On 10/4/14, 6:22 AM

On windows, you can also enter a non-breakable space directly in odoo by pressing the ALT key while typing 255 on the numpad of your keyboard.

Harri Luuppala
On 11/24/13, 8:32 AM

I found the way by myshelf:

The standard in Finland is "\&nbsp"; as the thousand separator.

You may input this non-breakable space: 1. Open LibreOffice 2. Type in alt-space in Mac OSX 3. Cat-Paste that   4. Paste that to the thousands separator

Now I have to test that all parts of OpenERP are working with this.

Great work from myshelf :-)

YES - this works!

Erppian, Harri Luuppala
on 3/7/14, 3:43 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/16/13, 5:14 PM
Seen: 2679 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM