Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

No module named q on account_transfer module

Paulo Matos‏
on 8/9/14, 2:19 PM 871 views

Hi all,

I have Odoo running on a server and my installation includes account_transfer module. It works fine.

Since the addons, server and web are on a very old version (about one year), I have decided to upgrade de addons/server/web addons to newest versions, and before doing it on the server itself, I am testing everything on a virtual machine on another computer.

I have everything setup with new addons/server/web addons, and copied the additional addons I use, including the account_transfer module, but when I try to access the restored database I get the error "No module named q" on the login page. This error was raised whille loading the account_transfer module.

After analyse the log, I found that the account_transfer has the following lines on account_transfer.py:

from osv import osv, fields
from tools.translate import _
import decimal_precision as dp
import time
import q

For testing purposes I commented the line #import q, and tested again and it worked. I was logged onto the system and can use all modules and aplications I have.

The problem is that when I try to use the account_transfer module, I get the error:

NameError: global name 'q' is not defined

So, I found that "q" is not a module. Instead, it is a global name.

How can I fix this since it works fine on the server?

It works fine on the server and the problem is only on the new virtual machine I am testing.

Thank you all

Mariusz Mizgier
On 8/9/14, 2:46 PM

You do not have q package installed. To install it, just use terminal and type "pip install -U q" or "easy_install install -U q", depending on what your package installer is.

Paulo Matos‏
On 8/10/14, 8:25 AM

Dear Mariusz Mizgier

You save the day.

Installed the packege q according to your instructions and it's workins like a charm.

Best regards

Paulo Matos

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 8/9/14, 2:19 PM
Seen: 871 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM