Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

No income account defined as global property

By
Matt Taylor
on 3/30/13, 1:00 AM 9,137 views

When I try to create a partial invoice (%50) from a sales order, I get the following error message.

Configuration Error! There is no income account defined as global property.

I can't find any place to specify this property. The product has both income and expense accounts. The customer has accounts both receivable and payable. Where else can I look?

Naresh Soni (nch)

--Naresh Soni (nch)--
Tiny ERP Pvt Ltd
http://www.odoo.com
| 2 2 4
India
--Naresh Soni (nch)--

Team Lead, Odoo(Formerly OpenERP) Support & OPW

Naresh Soni (nch)
On 3/30/13, 3:38 AM

Hello Matt,

You need to define the income and expense account for the products you are invoicing. either set it on the product itself or set it as a property from the settings menu. Settings/Technical/Parameters/Configuration Parameters

You also need to check whether property_account_income_categ is defined and set or not on the product category.

You need to also check on your sale order(Other Information Tab) whether you have Fiscal position set. If yes then you need to define correct Account mappings from Accounting/Configuration/Accounts/Templates/Taxes/Fiscal Position Template

Thanks,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have income and expense accounts defined for the product. I don't see any way to set a default income account in the settings menus. I have tried Settings->Configuration->Sales, Settings->Configuration->Accounting, and Company Configuration. I did try adding default income and expense accounts on the product category. Still not working.

Matt Taylor
on 3/30/13, 6:09 PM

Hi Matt, I have updated my answer with the location from where you can set the properties.

Naresh Soni (nch)
on 3/31/13, 5:31 AM

Hi Naresh, I appreciate the help. All of my products have income and expense accounts assigned. For example, "property_account_income", assigned to resource "Prototyping Materials" has account "479000 Sales". Do I need to create some new configuration parameter?

Matt Taylor
on 4/2/13, 12:12 AM

Hi Matt, Updated my answer !

Naresh Soni (nch)
on 4/2/13, 4:27 AM

Hi Matt, The reason here is that you invoice by percentage and in that case there will be no product involved that needs to make the entries so OpenERP will check for global property defined "property_account_income_categ" or accounts from fiscal position mapped. Else it will give you the configuration error ! So try to define this property and you want have that error.

Naresh Soni (nch)
on 4/2/13, 4:38 AM

Still the same error. I have done everything you describe, except that I leave Fiscal Position blank on the sales order Other Information tab.

Matt Taylor
on 4/8/13, 12:15 PM

Unfortunately your answer didn't solve my issue. I have checked if 'property_account_income_categ', and the defined 'account.account' is my XXXXXX Sales account. I also check I am using if its my main company, check,

Kevin
on 4/25/13, 2:15 PM

Thanks Naresh. Which branch should I try?

Matt Taylor
on 4/26/13, 1:11 PM

Any Green Build on 7.0 and click connect. select the database with "all" to have the demo data and then login as admin/admin

Naresh Soni (nch)
on 4/26/13, 2:39 PM

There is a more complete answer on this duplicate question: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/create-an-invoice-for-percentage-41668

Matt Taylor
on 9/5/14, 2:22 PM
Neeraja Ragesh
On 2/28/16, 2:10 AM

After adding all the income accounts also am getting the same problem. Please give me an answer

Nate Foster
On 1/13/14, 6:08 PM

Thank you for the information. I still have a some further questions. When I go to add this category, I'm not sure of the proper answers to the fields it is presenting. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I would upload a screen shot, but I don't have enough karma.

The values it is asking are as follows:

Name = property_account_income_categ Field = (choice of Access, Access Mode, Account Name, Account Number, etc.....)
Type = (choice of "Many to One", Char, Float, Boolean, etc...) Resource = (choice of Partner, Product Template or Product Category) Unlabeled Dropdown = (choice of product.pricelist, account.journal, account.payment.term, account.account etc...)

Any help with the correct settings would be fantastic!

Thank you.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/30/13, 1:00 AM
Seen: 9137 times
Last updated: 2/28/16, 2:10 AM