Odoo Help


This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.


"No handler found." error. How to fix it? [Closed]

on 2/7/13, 4:12 AM 17,373 views

The Question has been closed

Sudhir Arya (SA)
on 10/05/2013 14:08:06

using localhost port 8069 Got a "No handler found." error. running openerp7.0-20130130-000102-1all under Ubuntu 12.10 Read through some topics, but no luck

Is there a simple solution out there?


-edit- Working now (probably?) after typing this suggestion from tarax

cd <install_path>\Server\server\

openerp --config=openerp-server.conf --addons-path=openerp\addons\

and a reboot

Can you please post your error list?

Sudhir Arya (SA)
on 2/7/13, 5:30 AM

Olivier Dony (odo)

--Olivier Dony (odo)--
| 7 6 7
--Olivier Dony (odo)--


Olivier Dony (odo)
On 2/7/13, 5:35 AM

Looks like you were either connected to a wrong URL or to the wrong port, or your OpenERP 7.0 did not start correctly or with the wrong addons. This is more likely if you've been running an older version of OpenERP previously on this machine.

Things to check:

  • make sure there is no old version of OpenERP running on port 8069
  • make sure your OpenERP 7.0 process starts correctly (check the logs for any errors)
  • make sure you pass the correct addons path to the openerp-server command-line, or have a config file with a proper addons_path value. This should look like --addons-path=/path/to/addons,/path/to/web/addons
  • double-check the URL to make sure it does not contain /web/webclient/home, which is the old URL route for OpenERP 6.1
  • clear your browser cache

I have the same error today, I tried adding --addons-path=/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/openerp/addons,/usr/share/pyshared/openerp/addons to /etc/init.d/openerp and restarted the server, but I still have the error. /var/log/openerp-server.log shows no errors.

on 3/8/13, 10:50 AM
Mr. Kinjal Dixit
On 10/5/13, 7:50 AM

this happened to us when there was a spurious folder with the prefix 'web_' in the addons path (web_import_chardet to be precise). we renamed the folder and still had the problem.. we removed the folder and then things started to work again.

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)


Asked: 2/7/13, 4:12 AM
Seen: 17373 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM