Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

No handler found

By
Frank Deblon
on 6/21/14, 3:20 AM 973 views

Hi, installed V7 on a W7 Pro 64bit machine and worked fine for a week. No i get : no handler found. Tried to look into server/server/loggin were there are 2 PYC files _init_ and handlers. I get stuck there. what to do ? thanks

HI guys, thanks for the responses but being new to this I do not now how to check Server log or look at primary log file. Can you advise on how to do stuff like that ? Thanks

CDVI Benelux, Frank Deblon
on 6/23/14, 4:42 AM

Sudhir Arya (SA)

--Sudhir Arya (SA)--
| 6 8 8
Ahmedabad, India
--Sudhir Arya (SA)--

Working as an OpenERP/Odoo developer and a Team Leader 

Top 5 Odoo contributor On Stackoverflow

LinkedIn

Blog

Stackoverflow

Sudhir Arya (SA)
On 6/21/14, 12:45 PM

Hello Frank,

There might be following case:

1. Check your addons or web addons path as SerpentCS said.
  2. You should check the permissions of the modules/addons.

Hope this will help you to solve your issue.

Petero
On 6/21/14, 5:19 AM

Have you tried to clear your browser cache first ?

Ruchir Shukla
On 6/21/14, 6:49 AM

check the Server Log there must be some error/ Syntacs error/Module isntallation need which is restricting OpenERP server to start properlly. 

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.

--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--
| 6 6 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. Your Odoo/OpenERP Solution, just an email away!

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.
On 6/21/14, 11:50 AM

In Majority of the cases, this might be due to addons-path not able to find the web module.

Please check.

Thanks.

Sasuke
On 6/23/14, 3:59 PM

I had same issue.

I changed the permissions of the modules and then it works.

Thanks alot Sudhir you made my day.

Antonio M. Vigliotti
On 6/21/14, 11:25 AM

This error is the effect of another error. Look at log file for primary error.

K Santosh Subba Rao
On 6/23/14, 5:02 AM

search for the file  /openerp/.openerp_serverrc in our server , there you can see the path of log file

if log file is not set u can set the required path and check the log

Tarun Behal
On 6/23/14, 5:57 AM

Hi Frank,

The error is due to some dependency or code which is broken. Now to trace which code is causing this issue, there are multiple ways:

1. Check the server logs

2. Open the project in some IDE and run the openerp/odoo using that. In the console you can see full trace of the issue. For this you can search on youtube for videos related to openerp setup in that IDE (i prefer aptana studio)

3. In openerp server directory, there may be a file named openerp-server. If not create a file named openerp-server and copy the content to it.

#!/usr/bin/env python

import openerp

if __name__ == "__main__":

openerp.cli.main()

# vim:expandtab:smartindent:tabstop=4:softtabstop=4:shiftwidth=4:

On terminal, open that directory and run 'python openerp-server'. You can see full trace on console. Let me know if you need any further help in tracing the issue.

Once you found the complete error message, last 3 lines will tell you 90% of the issue cause. Search on google and I'm sure you can resolve the issue yourself.

Regards,

Tarun Behal

Frank Deblon
On 6/23/14, 4:44 AM

Hi all, if you suggest a possible solution is it possible to specify how to ?

ex : 

vote

In Majority of the cases, this might be due to addons-path not able to find the web module.

Please check.: Frank : How ?

or 

There might be following case:

1. Check your addons or web addons path as SerpentCS said.
  2. You should check the access rights of the modules/addons.

Hope this will help you to solve your issue. Frank : How ?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/21/14, 3:20 AM
Seen: 973 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM