Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

No continuous internet connection across my 3 stores. Is openErp suitable for me? Will it Work?

By
Rohit Golecha
on 3/6/14, 11:43 PM 1,101 views

Hi All,

I am Rohit. I have some stores which are located at remote(rural) areas. Also my net connection drops frequently drops for a while, and in this scenario when no internet connection is available, i do not want my billing and some other needed application to stop.

So is openErp suitable for me. They say that POS system may work without net connection. So how does it works actually. Also, can I host openErp DB on local server and make it work on a LAN. As LAN connection is more reliable and fast than internet connectivity. Somebody please try to explain me. I am in a big dilemma.

Ali Ravani
On 3/7/14, 2:15 AM

Hello, Mr Rohit

Yes, it is possible to set up OpenERP on LAN, and the performance would also be excellent. But if you set up remotely you need a better internet connection. If you need to set up the OpenERP on local or remotely you can contact me.

email me ali@zedestech.com

Thanks.

Regards,

Ali

Hi Ali, Can we please have a call to discuss that the infrastructure and other limitations that i am facing and how can we tackle them to implement openERP.

Rohit Golecha
on 3/7/14, 3:05 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/6/14, 11:43 PM
Seen: 1101 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM