This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I tried to answer a question - but if I try to "Post" the answer - the system says "20 karma is required" ??? What I am doing wrong?

Discard
Best Answer

Nothing. This is a temporary solution to keeping spammers of this board. And yes, unfortunately it also means that beginner users such as yourselves are unable to answer questions.

Please read the post by Olivier Dony in this thread for more information on how to get karma:

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-to-fight-against-spam-in-this-forum-65749

Discard
Author

I don't think it is a good idea to not allow answers on a Q&A-System. I am not sure if I can ever get >20 karma with this system. I understand that the forum must get rid of spam. But if there is this >20 karma rule - I would wish this is documented in the site "Read Guidelines" and also there is somewhere a serious explanation how one can come over this barrier.

I agree with you. Note however that this should be temporary and the alternative up until that point was to wade through a great number of spam posts, making everyones life miserable. Did you read olivier dony's post? If so, then you should know that verifying your email grants you 20 karma and therefor allows you to start answering.

Author

My email is verified. Anyway the admin now gave me 20 karma.

...also for asking questions now it seems you need Karma. It seems it's temporary. Weird the fact that the system gives me a "Popular Question" badge for the only question I could ask, but I'm not allowed to ask nor answer questions now.

Best Answer

I've got a validation invitation to validate my email:

"You have been invited to validate your email in order to get access to "OpenERP S.A." Q/A Forums.

To validate your email, please click on the following link:

• Validate my account for "OpenERP S.A." Q/A Forums

Thanks,

-- OpenERP S.A. info@odoo.com +32 81 81 37 00"

After validating it, I had a Karma of 24.

Discard